The beauty with making your own Granola is that you can alter your ingredients to your preference and add/swap/remove the bits of store bought granola you don’t like!
I kept mine pretty simple as I usually add it to yoghurt or milk with fresh berries when it’s done.
- Oats- I recommend Jumbo Oats- this makes up the volume of your granola so use as much as you want to bake!
- Dessicated Coconut
- Seeds- I used Sesame, Sunflower, Pumpkin and Chia!
- Nuts- I went with a big mix bag of nuts to get a bit of everything in there!
- 3 Teaspoons of Salt
- 2 Teaspoons of Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Essence.
- Equal parts Coconut Oil and Honey; For my serving I used around 4 Tablespoons of each.
- Combine all your dry ingredients and flavours in a big bowl.
- Add your Coconut Oil and Honey to a pot and heat until combined and smooth.
- Add your oil mix to the oats and mix thoroughly.
- You don’t want your mix to be too wet but if you don’t think everything is coated well just heat a little more of your coconut and honey and add!
- Place your mix in a big tray or low rise oven dishes and add to a preheated oven (180’C) and bake for around 40-60 minutes tossing continuously throughout the baking period to make sure all parts are getting nicely toasted.
- Take out of the oven when it’s a nice golden colour, it may not seem really crunchy at the time but when it hits the cool air, with a bit more tossing it will start to crisp up.
- When entirely cool add to an air-tight jar.
- Serve with all the breakfast foods.