Ok simple as- this is what you need
- Onion diced
- 2/3 Smushed Cloves of Garlic
- Green & Red Pepper Diced
- 1 Chilli Finely Chopped
- Shit Tonne of Fresh Coriander
- Juice of 1-2 Limes
- 10-12 Cherry Tomatoes Chopped
- 1 Can of Sweet Corn, Kidney Beans, or Any Beans for that matter.
- 1-2 Cans of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon of Oregano, Chilli Flakes, Cumin & Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon, Chilli Powder, Salt & Pepper
- 1-2 Chicken Stock Cubes
- 1-2 Chicken Breasts
- Serving with Brown Rice, Avocado, Grated Cheese, Fresh Coriander…
- Add 1-2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil to a large pot . When nice and hot add in Onion, Garlic, Chilli and all the seasoning’s.
- When good and soft add in the peppers (You can also add way more veg, I’ve done so with Courgette, Celery and Mushrooms when I do it vegetarian.)
- When peppers begin to soften, add in chopped cherry tomatoes, can(s) of chopped tomatoes, lime juice, 2 stock cubes and 2 cans of water.
- Stir well, sometimes I’ll add in the brown rice here and let it cook in all the flavours in the pot (*Word of Warning- the rice will soak up 80% of the liquid making this more of a hot pot than a soup…)
- Add in your raw chicken, beans, corn and coriander stalks (where the flavour comes from)
- Cover, turn the heat right down and leave for around an hour or so…
- When it’s been cooking for while, take out your cooked chicken breasts, using two forks shred the chicken and put back in the pot. Stir well so the Chicken is nice and juiced from the pot again.
- I serve with my brown rice, sliced avocado, sour cream, grated cheese, fresh coriander and a lime wedge!!
Enjoy. Because I know I will.