So I decided to try and make my own healthy version for when I’m craving something sweet and about to crack. In comes- Chocolate Orange Raw Bars.. They’re so much nicer than you would think, honestly.What you need..
- 200g Cashews
- About 35 Dates
- 5 Tablespoons of Cocoa Powder
- 25ml Orange Essence
- Blitz the Cashews on high speed until they’re nice bitty, you want to stop before they turn to powder.
- Remove the cashew bits and add in the dates, blitz until the dates start to form a ball, then add in your cocoa and orange and blitz again until all combined. Note: It won’t look good.
- Next in a bowl using your hands combine the nuts and date mix.
- Line a tray or baking dish with parchment paper, dump your mix out and using the back of a spoon, compress and smooth out the mixture until it’s all even.
- Pop in the freezer for about an hour or two.
- Take out, cut into as many shapes and slices as you desire.