Every now and then you need a Chocolate Tart for absolutely no reason…This should be the Tart you make behind that reasoning next time you want a rich, chocolatey, salty, treat in the form a full size cake.
It’s super easy to make and you can adjust the flavour if you’d prefer something else, instead of using salt try vanilla essence, or cinnamon, or chopped nuts, or coconut, or whatever else you can think of.
- 200g of Dark Chocolate (I used Tesco 85%)
- 200g of Butter
- 4 Eggs
- 150g Castor Sugar
- 80g Ground Almonds
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoons of Salt (preference would be good Sea Salt like Maldon)
- Powdered Sugar
- Shaved Chocolate
- Oven- 200°c, 9inch cake tin- greased and lined.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a bowl, over a hob of boiling water.
- Stir 1 teaspoon of Sea Salt into chocolate when melted and leave to the side to cool
- Whip up your eggs and sugar until they’re foamy and creamy.
- Add in your ground almonds and mix well
- Stir in your chocolate until all is well combined.
- Pour into your cake tin, add to middle shelf in oven and bake for 25 minutes- (Poke with a skewer- if it comes out clean you’re good)
- Leave to chill on wire rack, when it’s completely cool decorate with your bits- I added the last teaspoon of salt, raspberries, icing sugar and some shaved chocolate because I felt it needed more chocolate.