When I lived in New York I got Chilaquiles everyday at work for lunch. It’s hard to find tomatillos in Ireland – if you can sub them in for the tomatoes for a nice salsa verde. These are healthy, delicious and super filling!!
- 6 Tomatoes Rusked and Chopped
- Big bunch of fresh coriander chopped
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Stock cube
- 1 Chilli Chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves Crushed
- 1/2 Large Onion Chopped
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- 2 Eggs
- Cheese of Choice
- Coriander Sprigs
- Handful of Tortilla Chips
- Add every thing for the salsa into a pot, fill with water until everything’s just covered. Bring it to the boil, cover the pot and turn the heat down to simmer stirring occasionally.
- After about 30 minutes check your salsa- if it’s nice and soft blitz it til smooth.
- Adjust the flavourings to your preference.
- Leave it on the hob keeping warm while you’re cooking your eggs. I went for poached cause I like the texture with the salsa.
- To serve: place the tortilla chips in the bottom of your dish, add a few spoons of salsa, top with eggs and more salsa.
- Garnish with cheese, coriander and a wedge of lime.